Physical Computing – Coding With Micro:bits
Title of Course: Micro:bit Workshop
The Micro:bit Workshop is intended for educators who are seeking to implement a layer of physical computing into their schools, classrooms & more. Educators will learn to create lesson plans revolving around different topics and subjects.
This course is intended for educators.
Access to a computer.
What to expect:
The courses are delivered in-person and virtually. Topics include:
- Understanding the Micro:bit capabilities
- Understanding “Make-Code”
- Utilizing the Emulator
- Putting together simple code
- Downloading code to the Micro:bit
- Introduction to Makecode.org
- Introducing simple & complex activities
- Getting Started: Flashing Heart
- Understanding Inputs
- Coding an Alarm
- Coding a Watch
- Exploring Makecode.org
- Bringing ideas to reality
Meet the instructor:
Nicholas (Nic) Leask